Saturday, September 4, 2010

September Already?

I sort of can't believe that it's already September! However, I've been so busy, that it totally makes sense. On my last post we were having the floor redone. At the completion of that process, I was offered an elementary music job. After three years of applying and interviewing I had almost given up. However, this is the perfect place for me. I LOVE the principal and the staff. The students are great and I'm having a wonderful time. The school is about 10 minutes from the house, so I'm home in no time each day. :) Elementary is certainly different from middle school, but I feel like I really belong at this level. After two weeks of school, I've had the following comments from parents, staff and students.
-"You're the best music teacher ever!"
-"The kids really love coming to your class. They are excited to see what's going to happen today."
-"My boys haven't stopped singing that cow song that you taught them."
-"My kids think you are the funniest, best teacher ever."

I was really worried that it would take a while for the kids to like me. I guess it's going to be easier than I thought. :)

No comments: