Summer break officially started yesterday, but I had to go to school to do some work. I've got to go back next week too, but it's more of a cleaning thing (my desk, my office, etc.) I'm glad to have some time off. There are lots of things around the house that I want to do and I've got 56 days to complete them. Yes, I realize that's just until August 1st, but that's when I get going again. Maybe. I've applied for a couple of other jobs in my current district, the district I live in and a nearby district. My resume is out there, so please pray that the right job comes along for me. More details later this summer if anything changes.
Shelby had a fabulous kindergarten year. I'll post some pictures of her kindergarten graduation later. It was cute. She's looking forward to 1st grade.
Sydney had her last dance class today. The dance recital is next weekend and I'm ready to be done with her. She only does things on her terms (can you imagine), so who knows if she'll dance on stage next week. Shelby is excited, although her regular class dances are not looking so great. She's got another class this week and will be practicing each day next week. (I took the camera to each girl's class in early May and taped their routines from the back. I then turned it into a dvd that they could practice with.) I haven't been as happy with Shelby's teacher this year. She's really nice, but doesn't seem to know her own routines well enough to teach them. Also she waited until really late in the year to teach them the last part of their routine. No matter what, it will be fine, it's just that Shelby learned alot of things last year and hasn't really progressed as far this year. I'm looking forward to her switching back to her old teacher.
Plans for the summer:
Visits to the zoo each Monday
Dance class (Shelby only)
Visit to Mississippi
Swim lessons in July
house cleaning
lots of playing around.
I've got other goals, but those are only for wonder woman to see. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment