Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Food

Do you remember that time when you could eat anything you wanted and never seemed to gain a single pound? That's how I feel. I started my 2nd trimester this week and I've only gained a half of a pound since I found out I was expecting. The only thing is that I'm always hungry. If I don't eat something within 4 hours of my last meal I can't concentrate on anything else. I'm going to have to buy a bunch of snacks for my office, just so I can make it through the day. My problem is that I crave meat. Chicken, pork, turkey, but not beef. It's such a strange thing. I'm guessing that my iron levels are low since my body screams for the stuff. My next doctor's appointment is on Friday and I'm sure they will do a blood test to check. It's just odd.

The belly is starting to grow. For the most part you can't really tell yet (since I've always got clothes on) but my night gown is going to be traded in soon for a very large T shirt. Thank goodness I've got some of those. :)

I'm back to work and having a hard time getting up at 5:30. I've got to adjust to 5:15 by next Monday and I'm not sure I can make it. I didn't go to bed until 10:30 last night and really didn't want to get up today. We got 2 hours for lunch today and I spent 45 minutes of that taking a nap in my office. (On my blanket on the floor!) I did feel better after that and got several more things done. I just don't think I can do that once the kids come back. :)

No comments: