Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

I've always been a great fan of sleep, so the thought of getting up at 5am to go shopping doesn't excite me. However, since my children arrived I've gotten up and gone shopping. I've gotten some great deals, but most importantly I've gone shopping without the kids. :) My main stores are Kohl's, Micheals and Joann's but every now and then I'll wander into another store. Last year it was JCPenney since that was the only store that had jeans that fit Shelby. The year I found out I was pregnant with Sydney I got Sean a new coffee maker with a timer - he's still using it. Once upon a time I went to Toys R Us - never again. That place is just insane! This year my "extra" store was Target.
I wasn't sure about getting at 4, but Sydney helped me out there. She woke up at 3 and I couldn't get back to sleep. Combine hunger and heartburn and you're destined to be up. So I took it as a sign and went shopping. I was at Kohl's at 4:10am and finished there by 5am. I got Shelby a new coat for a fraction of the original cost and it should fit her next year too. I picked up several other gifts for the girls and then got in line. Target was my next stop and it didn't open until 6. When I got to the store, the line outside was down the sidewalk and past two other stores. I had just driven through McDonald's for breakfast, so I sat in the car to eat and wait. I let everyone else get in the store and then I made me way. Those people are crazy too. You should never allow people jacked up on that much coffee to push carts around. No fear - no one hit me, but it was nuts. I got everything I was looking for - including a christmas gift for Sean and I in the electronics department - and was out the door in 45 minutes. My most important purchase from that store was another gallon of milk. We go through that stuff like crazy at our house! After a trip to Michaels I was on my way home. I've still got a few things to pick up, but the majority of my shopping is done. I've got to wait until noon to use my 50% off coupon to pick up another gift from Michaels and I think I'll slip over to Joanns and check out their stamps.

No comments: