Monday, February 2, 2009

6 more days

My c-section has been scheduled for Sunday the 8th. My doctor couldn't get an O.R. on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday so he went with the earlier day. I've got a solo contest on Saturday and then plan on putting up my feet to relax before the big day. I have an 8am time, so I've got to be there by 6am. Why? because I have to get a certain amount of fluids in me before they can do the spinal. I can't be dehydrated. However, since I drink about half a gallon of water a day, I don't think it will be a concern. It's really exciting to know that I'll get to watch the Grammy Awards with my son. At least I know that he won't try to talk or sing through the performances. :)
Everyone in the house is really excited (except the dog) and in the count down mode. I've got lots of loose ends to tie up, but I feel confident that everything is going to come out fine. My substitute is lined up (even after he fell and had surgery) and my students understand that I'll be back after Spring Break. Now I just have to figure out what clothes Sebastian will wear for his first photo. :) Oh and pack my bag for the hospital. Looks like it will be in the 70s for the big day, but I'm not sure about the rest of the time. Only in Texas do we wear shorts in February!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Love and prayers for you all. When is y'alls spring break? I'll be in east Texas for at least part of mine, so maybe I can swing by on the way there or back. Hug the girls for me and take good care of yourself!