Today was Syd's birthday. I filled balloons with helium and put them up around the living room and kitchen before I got her out of bed. (Gotta love disposable helium tanks!) She knew that today was a special day, but didn't really understand why. Her favorite thing was knowing that we were having cupcakes with dinner. (What she calls ca-cakes.) After the traditional birthday pizza dinner, we brought out the cupcakes. She got two mini cupcakes with a candle in each of them and had big round eyes while we sang Happy Birthday to her. Everyone helped her blow out the candles, to make sure she didn't try to touch them. As we all sat down to eat our cupcake she started singing Happy Ca-Cake to me! Happy Ca-Cake to me! Happy Ca-Cake Sydney - Happy Ca-Cake to me!
Nothing is cuter than a two year old that realizes it's her special day. I just hope she's still into it on Saturday when she has her family party.
No comments:
Post a Comment