I wouldn't let Shelby wear a dress Sunday afternoon so she could play out in the backyard later. (IMO, it's easier to run around in shorts.) After lunch we let her spend some time on the computer while her sister took a nap. She was having a great time with Playhouse Disney PreSchool Time while I did some scrapbooking and her dad watched TV. About 30 minutes into nap time it started raining and her comment to her daddy was - "I knew it was going to be a good dress day!" I think next time I'll check with her instead of the local weather forcaster.
To make it up to her, we went to the dollar store after nap time (to get out of the house.) She had 3 dollars saved up from Grandpa and was really excited to be able to buy something with her own money. I was looking for some more double sided tape while she went with her father to pick out her item. She wanted a soft baby doll and came to show it to me. However, as soon as Sydney saw it she started yelling out "I want baby!" for the entire store to hear. Shelby went back to look at something else and when she came back she wanted to know if it would be ok if she bought Sydney a baby doll too. (Isn't she the sweetest thing!) I said it would be fine, so Shelby picked out a doll just like hers for Sydney and then paid for both of them with her own money. I couldn't have a nicer little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment