Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My how the week flies by!

I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted. I'd thought for sure I did it on Friday. ;)


Well, one of the hoses on the air conditioner had a hole in it and all of the freon (sp?) had leaked out. The A/C guy fixed it and we were back to normal temperatures by bed time Tuesday. Thankfully we've continued to pay for our home warranty so we only owed the $65 service charge.

Wednesday Shelby had a reading readiness assessment done after school. She could identify all of her uppercase letters and all but two lowcase letters. (h & d) She knew the correct sounds for every letter except X & Y and knew to go back and review the letter sounds if the word didn't make sense in what she was reading. According to her teacher she will be getting "level 3" books to read at home in the next few weeks. I'm not sure what that means except it's not at the bottom. ;)

The rest of the week went by really fast and before we knew it Saturday was here. We had a wonderful time at the TCU v. Baylor game. It was great to see lots of our friends that we haven't seen in a while. TCU played well and the girls did very well during the game. Here is our favorite picture from Saturday.

Sean and I spent most of Monday at a car dealership and we are excited to say that there's a new car in our family. Sean got a Chrysler 300 in black. It's a 2007 and we got a great deal on it. I'll post a photo of it later.

Curriculum night is Thursday for kindergarten and I'm hosting a parent meeting at the same time for my own students, so Sean will be doing this one alone. It shouldn't last too long, but I'm excited to hear about things that they get to do this year.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

What a great pic! How fun to hangout at the game together! We miss all of you guys!! :)