Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fast food week

This past week has been as crazy as it possibly could. Last weekend Sydney was waking up at 5 or 5:30 every day and not wanting to sleep during nap time. She didn't adjust for the time change at all. After my second sectional on Monday, one of the parents sends their kid back into the building to tell me that I've got a flat tire. Lucky for me the other director was still there and he changed my tire - while I held Sydney. I didn't think I'd make it to pick up Shelby (at the school next door) so I called Sean to come get her. Poor kid didn't get picked up unti 6:25 - much later and I would prefer! We ended up with McDonald's for dinner. Tuesday after school I got the phone call that Sydney had a 102 fever and her eyes were matted. I called the doctor's office to find that my pediatrician was off that day (he's always out on tuesday) and the nurse practitioner was off for 2 weeks. We could get an appointment for late Wednesday. I picked Sydney up, took one look at her and knew that she had an ear infection. After getting Shelby, we spent 2 hours at the urgent care facility. (Thank goodness we've got those around!) We got eye drops for Syd's eyes and an antibiotic and McDonald's for dinner (kids choice).
Sydney stayed home Wedenesday with Grandma Nancy and we had a normal day - dance from 6:30-7:30 and then home.
Thursday I had two sectionals again and then had to copy music to hand out at all-region tryouts on saturday. I picked Shelby up at 6:22 and we headed home. The girls got corn dogs from the freezer and we had chinese food. Friday was the football game between our two high schools and all of the 8th grade band members were at the game to play with the two bands. Sean picked up the girls and did the dance thing while I went to rehearsal and then the game. The boosters ordered pizza for 700 band students and it took 9 domino's pizza delivery cars to the all of the pizzas to rehearsal. (I wonder how long it took to cook all of those?) The game was fun and half time was cool. Saturday was all region tryouts (phase two) and my parents took the girls home for the night. Sean and I had a nice dinner out and then I slept for 13 hours straight. I actually feel like a human again. Now only 5 school days and then a weeklong break! I think I can make it, but we are not eating fast food this week. ;)

No comments: