Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sparkle Girl

I've been trying to keep up with my scrapbook challenge, but I have to admit I'm not going to make it. Unless I stay up all night and work on it tonight - which is a thought. Anyway, I've had a page on my table that I was planning on finishing up today. Nothing major, but I wanted to get some little details done. I have some super fine glitter that I splurged on this summer and wanted to use it on this page. However, I was also doing a few other things around the house and didn't put the lid back on the glitter. (You know where this is going don't you.) So Sydney was looking for mom and dad while we were at the computer. She didn't see us, so she went back up stairs. At some point she went into our room looking for us (yes the door was shut) and noticed the bottle of glitter. Shelby had been playing upstairs and came down looking for Syd. She told us she couldn't find Syd anywhere, so we all started looking. Her face was covered in glitter and it was all over her dress. It was also all over the layout that I was working on and she had used my glue pin to draw on the photo. The nice thing was that I left my catch tray out so 95 percent of the glitter was in the tray (she was dipping her fingers in it) and could be returned to the jar. The photo was an 8 x 10 family photo from last year. It's completely ruined, but mom said I could have her copy. (I offered my second born as payment.) ;)
I've learned lots of things from this. Most importantly - Sydney loves glitter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, now I know what to send for Sydney's birthday present (just kidding! I'd like to be allowed into your house, which might not happen if I sent her a 4-pack of glitter!)