Monday, September 29, 2008

Sydneyisms

Sydney has figured out that snorting makes me laugh. She can snort about 5 times in a row without stopping and she does it all the time. Last week I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee in my pants. Unfortunately we were in the car! Shelby figured the snort thing out at the same age and used to do the same thing. However, Sydney also teaches everyone she knows how to snort. I think it's really funny and crack up every time.

Last week, I came home and put on shorts and a spaghetti strap tank top since most of my other afterschool tops were in the laundry. After coming downstairs and doing some things in the kitchen, Sydney came to ask me for milk and exclaimed "Mama! Why is there naked on your shirt?" I laugh every time I think about that. She was so concerned.

She's very excited about the baby. She carries her doll around all the time and calls it her baby. It's really cute. We taught both of the girls how to spell their name by making it into a song. Today, Sydney wanted to sing "Sebastian's song". I hadn't even thought about it!

She still has her moments - like refusing to take a nap all weekend - but there's a big difference between her at 2 and her at 3. She asked to go to dance class two weeks ago and I said that was fine, but mom wasn't going in there this year. She had no problem with it. She's still in the 2.5-3 year old class, but she's doing so much better. It's also a different teacher and that makes a huge difference. I don't mind getting up at 7 on Saturday morning to get every one fed and her to dance if she's going to be happy about it. :) (Especially since I can read for the entire class without interuption!)

No comments: