Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Grown Up Food

The girls had check ups last week and both of them are in the 95th% for their age group. Now this doesn't surprise me since they were both over 9lbs at birth - however the nurse practitioner is a little concerned, so we're trying to eat better in our house. (This is a great thing for me since I've been doing weight watchers all summer.) The girls are eating the same that we are for dinner - "grown up food" and sometimes it doesn't go over so well. The first night I did a pork tenderloin, green beans and pears. Pears are everyone's favorite and I'm the only one over three that doesn't eat green beans so I just had to convince Shelby that the pork was good to eat. One bite and she was fine with it. Last night I did Orange-Raspberry chicken, apple slices, corn on the cob and the rest of the green beans. The apple slices were gone instantly and the green beans were on their way before the chicken was even poked with the fork. It was 30 minutes and too many tears to count before the chicken was finished. I even had to take away dessert (frozen yogurt) in order to get that chicken eaten. Not a meal that we'll be repeating anytime soon. Sydney ate the bread and the apple slices and then ran from the table. She just didn't eat last night - but as a toddler she doesn't always eat. Tonight is taco night...we'll see how it goes.

No comments: