When you don't have a ton of laundry or a mile long errand list, it seems like time stands still. There's time to breathe and enjoy everything around you. That's what I've been missing since school started. Time to just be in the moment. Time to make bread and cookies and play with barbies and read stories and just enjoy. These last few days of the new year are just for that. I've almost finished a scrapbook project that I found in August and I've got several layouts floating around in my head. I'm even considering doing a Layout A Day Challenge in January. I've certainly got plenty of photos to do it. :)
I read a book last year entitled Chasing Daylight. It's the story of a CEO's life after he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. It's a great book and even though you know how it will end (the book is in the grief section at the bookstore) there is such inspiration in it. It's worth the read, but you will need some tissues while you read.
We took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese last night for dinner. They had a blast! Sydney spent most of her time on the riding games and Shelby did some of the older kid games. She only threw the ball for skeeball in the air twice - nobody was injured. I found a cool pinball machine game, but she wouldn't let me play it more than once. Neither girl wanted to leave, but on the way home Syd wanted to know if we could go back real soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment