Wednesday, March 19, 2008
The Buterfly Exhibit
The botanical gardens have a butterfly exhibit going on this month. They have 12,000 live butterflies from Asia, Africa, Central, South and North America in the conservatory for people to see. The girls and I met mom this morning for a trip to see them. It was a sunny day and the butterflies were very active. The girls had a great time spotting the different kinds and Shelby was checking them off of the brochure that we got. You have to be very careful not to touch the butterflies, but it's fun to see them land on people. Shelby had one land on her, but it scared her and she wanted it off. I guess it was a good thing that one didn't land on Syd. I'm sure she would have screamed even louder.
My favorite was an emerald swallowtail. As the name suggests it was bright green and black. Very pretty. The best photo I got was of the Blue Morpho. I waited a good five minutes for one to open its wings for a picture and then it flew off. I had given up on it and did another walk through with Shelby when we saw a lady that had one resting on her finger. Syd didn't last as long in the exhibit as Shelby did, but afterward we took the girls to IHOP for lunch. They had Whocakes and loved them. I have to admit that I had some Whocakes too. I didn't have my camera with me, but mom did and we took photos of the food. I'll post a photo when she sends them to me.
Now the girls are taking a nap and I'm going to do some laundry. My goal is to be done with all of the laundry before Saturday. It's good to have goals. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment