Monday, March 3, 2008

Free day - sort of

Well, Shelby woke up with a fever this morning. She had been complaining about her ear hurting, but I didn't think anything was seriously wrong. After a run to the doctor this afternoon (and some painful ear cleaning) we found out that she's got an ear infection. It probably started out viral, but planted behind the ear drum. The doctor was surprised since she's older, but I pointed out that I get ear infections from time to time so age isn't a factor. She had gone to bed excited about a play date that was scheduled with a kindergarded friend, but we've rescheduled that for next week.
As for me, I've managed to do some laundry, make muffins, go to the grocery store and carry out the diaper pail. I've also got the bread machine going. Not much for an entire day, but better than nothing I suppose.
Last week the girls got their dance costumes in for the recital. Shelby is doing a tap routine to Singing in the Rain and a ballet routine to Colors of the Wind. Syd is doing a ballet routine to Candy Ballerina. All of the costumes are very cute. The recital is on father's day, and everyone is invited to attend. It starts at noon and Shelby starts about 12:15 with her performance team tap dance. Syd doesn't dance until about 3:30, so it's going to be a long day for us.

Yesterday we took both girls to Sweet & Sassy to get their hair cut. This is a day spa of sorts for tweens and down. They specialize in hair cuts, mini-pedis and mini-manis. They also do updo's for special events and host birthday parties. Since the place near us that specialized in kids hair went out of business I've had a hard time finding someplace I like. A friend told me about this place and the price is the same as other places, so we thought we'd try it out. Any place that is mostly pink and purple, plays upbeat music and finishes a hair style with spray glitter in the hair has to be the best place in the world. (You know how much Syd loves glitter!) Oh and we were in and out in 35 minutes. I'm not sure which girl was happier!
Today was the first day at a new job for my dear hubby. He's working at Susan G. Koman for the Cure now. It's similar to what he's been doing, but involves a specific issue now. I'll be excited to hear about his first day on the job when he gets home.
The weather man is saying possible snow for us this evening, but it's not going to stick. Too bad we couldn't see it while we were home today. At least we had some nice weather over the weekend. Saturday it was 80 degrees here! Yes - I was wearing shorts! Only two more weeks until spring break. :)

No comments: