Once we got home, Syd got to open her gifts from mom/dad and other family members. She loved everything and wanted to get it all out and play with it right away. It was almost 10 before we got them in bed and then we sat on the couch for a while to relax.
So one of the things that we got her was a tent. They used to have a small castle tent, but the construction wasn't that good and the thing broke earlier this summer when I was trying to reassemble it. Now, I'm not talking about a camping tent - I'm talking about something to play in. Syd had been asking for a tent for a while, so we found one on line that looked good and was a decent price and ordered it. This was done before we knew about our little surprise. Well, here is a photo of the girls (dressed as princesses) in front of the new tent.
That would be a full size couch peaking out from behind the tent. It takes up most of the playroom when it is fully assembled. In fact, we got the entire family plus couch pillows and about 12 various dolls and stuffed animals in there the other night. The girls love it and are thrilled to play in it. It is made of a windjacket like material and slides on and off the frame easily, so mom and dad love it. Eventually, I think it will be moved downstairs to the study, but we'll leave it where it's at for now. What fun!
1 comment:
Okay, I WILL get better at remembering birthdays (they say the third time's a charm, so I should have the February one down with no problem!). Give Syd a hug and tell her Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment