
So here is a picture of our little surprise. This was my first look at the baby. Both of the girls looked like little dots in their first picture. Here you can see the head and sort of see the arms and leg buds. It's clearer in the picture, but the scan didn't pick up everything. As of today I'm 10 weeks - that means in 3 more weeks I'll be in my second trimester. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "skip a bit brother". We will find out if it's a boy or girl in late september.
My official due date is February 15, but we'll do a c-section sometime after the 5th. I've got district solo and ensemble contest on the 7th, so I'm going to push for the 9th. That would give me exactly 6 weeks until the end of spring break for maternity leave. I'd only have to use 24 of my days and would have a few left over for anything the rest of the year. Even better I'll only have 11 weeks of school and then I'll be off for the summer. That's much better than starting the school year with a 6 week year old, like I did with Sydney.
Now you might be wondering how I didn't know that I was pregnant - especially that far along. Well, I've never had a "normal" cycle and only had period 3 times last school year. So, I've been tired (taking a nap most days) and had some neausa, but no major throwing up like I did with the girls. I thought I had picked up a stomach bug in mid June, but just kept pushing myself to get over it. The idea never even occured to me that I might be pregnant. I should have known when I was craving milk that something was wrong - I usually only drink milk with my pancakes. :)
1 comment:
Cute picture :)
Hoping and praying that everything goes well!
Post a Comment