Sunday, August 26, 2007

1st day of school and then some





Today was Shelby's first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited. This morning she said that this was the day she'd been waiting for "her whole life!" Dad walked her to class since I had to be in my own classroom and after getting her name tag on, she looked at him and said "ok - bye!" No tears, no hugs, just off to find someone to talk to.

She was very excited when I picked her up. She told me that she learned how to lock the bathroom door (in the classroom) and the rules for the playground. I'm not sure what else she did, but I've heard all about the playground rules. ;)

When we got home today, I found that our upstairs A/C unit wasn't working. It was 88 in the house and slowly moving up. Homewarrenty company contacted the AC repairman and we've got someone coming tomorrow to take a look at it. Since the thing is blowing air, just not cold air I'm hoping that it's something simple. After an emergency run to wal-mart to buy box fans for everyone's room, I'm hoping that things will cool down. If we didn't have school tomorrow it wouldn't be a big deal, but I don't want everyone to be tired on the second day. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow - or we're checking into a hotel for the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute, cute, cute picture! I'm sorry about the AC, but I'm glad she had a great first day! :) Jenn

Anonymous said...

We also had that a/c problem early in the summer, and it was plenty hot, just not like the temps are now.
Love reading about the family. Hope you can keep it going! :)
Love, Aunt Martha