Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Observation Day




Today was observation day in Shelby's dance class. It was fun to see her do everything in class. Last year, parents would go in and be the audience so the girls could practice for the recital, but I've never gotten to see her work at the barre so that was really cool.


Next week she starts the evening class and the performance team practice. Yes, there is a perfomrance team for 5-7 year olds. They do a total of 5 performances and that includes Mayfest. (Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.) She's very excited and since it's a Friday evening class I felt like we could do it. I signed Sydney up for a 2&3 year old dance class that meets on Saturday mornings. It's a "Mommy and me" class, so I'm sure there will be plenty of stories to share.
After dance class we did some school shopping. We now have two new pair of shoes, several more new dresses and shirts, and a new Barbie backpack. (I really wanted her to get the pink one with a frog on it.)
Only 11 more days until kindergarten!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I can't believe she's already going into kindergarten--where did the time go?!?