Thursday, August 16, 2007
My Shoes!
Next week starts the school year session of dance for the girls. Since both of the girls have grown over the summer, I took them to get new dance shoes today. Shelby went first and was just as pleasant as could be while trying on her shoes. She's currently in a 13 wide for her tap shoes, but there's room for her to grow. Sydney was not so patient while waiting to get fit for her shoes. We did the ballet shoes first and that was very easy. The tap shoes came out and she started singing "my shoes, my shoes" over and over. Once we figured out what size she needed (8 wide) I tried to get the shoes off over her so the could be paid for. She would not let me take them off. The sweet "my shoes" song became a blood curling scream and I had to almost sit on her to get them off. Yes, several other people in the store were staring at her (including Shelby) but the staff told us it was common among the toddler set. At least I know she won't be the kid standing in the corner crying because she doesn't like her shoes! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment